Lemon Custard Cake
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 6 custard (ramekins) cups with non-stick cooking spray. Transfer to a roasting pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk egg yolks and sugar until light in color and creamy. Add flour and lemon zest. Mix to combine. Add lemon juice, milk and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Beat egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. Gradually whisk egg whites into mixture.
- Divide mixture between custard cups.
- Fill roasting pan half way up with hot water.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cake begins to pull away from pan.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar prior to serving.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Paula Jones @bellalimento.