Lemon Glazed Blueberry Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, very cold
- 4 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup blueberry yogurt or sour cream
- Zest of 2 lemons, no white bitter pith
- 6 oz container fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 410°F
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Use a box grater to cut the butter in to the flour. Grate the butter directly into the flour mixture using the largest grating surface. Be sure that the butter is very cold for best results.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar with yogurt or sour cream and lemon zest.
- Reserve 1/3 of blueberries for lemon glaze and add remaining amount to sour cream mixture. Mix by hand just until rough dough forms- do not overmix!
- Gently press dough onto a lightly floured surface until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut out biscuits with a round biscuit cutter and place on parchment lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle surface of biscuits with a thin coat of sugar.
- Place in oven and bake until light golden, about 11 minutes. Remove from oven to cool.
- Meanwhile make lemon glaze by whisking lemon juice and powdered sugar. Gently stir in blueberries.
- Spoon glaze on top of the biscuits and if desired sprinkle additional lemon zest on the surface.