Lemon Mousse Jello Cups
- 2 (3 oz) packages lemon Jello + boiling and cold water called for on package
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- For the Jello layer, line up 16 individual cups. (To chill glasses at an angle, you can use a cupcake pan and set a large marshmallow under each cup to ensure they don’t tip back over while they cool.)
- In a large bowl, add 2 packages lemon Jello. Add boiling water and stir for 2 minutes, until completely dissolved. Then stir in cold water.
- Transfer Jello liquid to glasses and chill until Jello is set, about 4 hours.
- For the Lemon Mousse Layer, in a small bowl, dissolve Jello in boiling water. Place bowl in fridge to allow Jello to cool (about 10-15 minutes) until liquid cools to the touch (you do not want it to start forming into Jello).
- In a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks just begin to form. Add cooled Jello mixture and beat until well combined and fluffy.
- Spoon topping mousse layer into glasses on top of set jello. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Top with Creme Chantilly, if desired.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.