Lemon Pound Cake by Chef Eddy
Lemon Pound Cake
- 1 7/8 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups minus 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 4 fresh lemons, no white bitter pith
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Sift together flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, whip eggs until blended. Add sugar and whip to a thick mousse, about 8-10 minutes. Add salt and lemon zest.
- Using a spatula, stir in heavy cream (not whipped). Fold in flour and mix just until combined.
- Gently melt butter over low-medium heat; it still should be flowing thick. Mix with lemon juice and add to above. Set aside.
- Prepare a standard loaf pan by either buttering sides and sprinkling with flour or lining the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- Scrape cake batter into pan. For the best texture, let cake rest in pan for 1 hour at room temperature before baking. (Not required, but strongly suggested.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place lemon pound cake in oven; total baking time will be 60-65 minutes or until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or an inserted toothpick comes out clean. If surface of cake gets too dark, drape it with aluminum foil during last half of baking.
- Remove from oven and let rest in pan to cool.
- Once nearly cool, prepare glaze by whisking lemon juice and powdered sugar together.
- Brush surface and sides of lemon pound cake with fresh lemon glaze. Slice and serve.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments