Lemon Raspberry Coconut Cake
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups cake flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup toasted coconut
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4-1/2 cup toasted coconut
- Fresh raspberries
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease and flour a 10-12 cup Bundt pan (either will work) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and lemon zest on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Beat in sour cream, lemon juice and coconut extract. Add flour, baking soda and baking powder gradually until fully combined. Fold in toasted coconut. Gently fold in raspberries last.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, until edges are browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes, then very carefully turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare coconut glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, heavy cream and coconut extract until smooth. Once cake is completely cooled, drizzle glaze over top.
- Garnish with toasted coconut and fresh raspberries.