Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x5-inch baking dish with parchment paper or grease really well. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and beat well. Add in ricotta cheese, lemon juice, vanilla extract and lemon extract. Mix for 2 minutes until well combined.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Slowly add to butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake for 55-65 minutes, until a tester comes out clean. If cake starts to brown too much on top, cover with foil.
- Remove from the oven and let cook for 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, mix together lemon juice and powdered sugar until well combined and smooth. Adjust sugar and lemon juice if necessary to get the right consistency.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, pour glaze over cake. Slice to serve.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.