Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Zest of 2 lemons (no white bitter pith)
- 3 extra large or jumbo eggs
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Rum or Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Butter and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan and set aside.
- In a bowl sift together flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- Place lemon zest and eggs in a large bowl and whip until combined using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer.
- Add sugar and whip for 5 minutes on medium speed until mixture is thick and fluffy.
- On very low speed thoroughly mix in vanilla, salt, and sour cream. Mix in flour until just combined and smooth.
- Place butter in a microwave and heat until melted, but not hot. Add to cake batter followed by liquor of choice.
- Scrape batter in prepared pan and place in oven until golden and center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before turning out of pan.
- To toast almonds, place almonds on a cookie sheet and place in a 350°F oven until light golden and fragrant.
- For lemon glaze, whisk together lemon juice and powdered sugar and brush onto surface of cake. Sprinkle immediately with toasted almonds.