- In a non-reactive saucepan bring lime juice and 1/2 of sugar to a boil.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs for two minutes and quickly whisk in remaining sugar. Pour 1/2 of boiling lime syrup into eggs and beat well. Pour egg mixture into remaining lime syrup and whisk back to a boil. Boil for one minute while constantly whisking and mixture has the consistency of thick bubbling honey.
- Remove from heat and cover with plastic food wrap.
- Mix gelatin with water and set aside for five minutes.
- Add gelatin and stir into above. Once incorporated add SOFT butter in small nuggets and stir with a spatula. If butter was too cold and refuses to dissolve in curd, place in a microwave for a few seconds. Let cool in refrigerator.