Lime Sour Cream Pie
- 1 graham cracker pie crust or Pure Butter Pie Crust
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- Zest from 2 limes, no white bitter pith
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- Crème Chantilly
- If making your own pie crust, blind bake crust by cutting a piece of parchment paper into a circle a few inches wider than circumference of pie crust.
- Place cut parchment onto pie crust and fill completely with dry beans or rice. Place in oven and bake for approximately 18 minutes or until crust is golden on the edges.
- Remove from oven and scoop out hot beans using an ice cream scoop. Brush with beaten egg and return to oven for another 5 minutes. Watch to ensure that the crust does not bubble, if it does prick with a fork and gently press even. Let cool.
- Prepare pie: In a saucepan large enough to hold all ingredients combine milk, sugar, egg yolks, and cornstarch.
- Whisk until boiling; add lime juice and return to a full boil and keep whisking until thick bubbles form and mixture has the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Pour mixture through a sieve to remove any scortched bits.
- Add lime zest and butter. Cover with plastic food wrap and set aside until mixture feels lukewarm or slightly cooler.
- Before adding sour cream, re-whisk the lime mixture until smooth. Add sour cream.
- Scrape into pie shell and place in refrigerator.
- Prepare crème Chantilly keeping it at very soft peaks. Spread onto pie.
- Refrigerate 2+ hours or until ready to serve.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments