- 1/2 package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Zest of 2 fresh limes (no white bitter pith)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Sift flour and set aside.
- Mix butter, salt, and powdered sugar until very well combined and lump free, but not until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, lime zest, and Brazil nuts. Once mixed in, add flour and blend until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Divide dough in 2 equal pieces. If firm enough to handle, shape into 2 square tubes about 10 inches long. If too sticky, place dough briefly in refrigerator and shape when cool enough.
- Place in freezer for about 45 minutes or overnight.
- Brush with a thin layer of water and sprinkle all sides with granulated sugar.
- Preheat oven to 345°F.
- Cut into 1/2-inch slices and place on buttered or parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Once cookies are defrosted place in oven and bake approximately 16-18 minutes or until edges are pale golden. Let cool.
- Combine soft cream cheese with powdered sugar and about half of lime zest.
- Either spread frosting onto cookies using a spatula, or place frosting in a piping bag fitted with a small round tube and pipe a zig zag pattern.
- Sprinkle with remaining lime zest.