Love Potion Cocktail
- 1 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon homemade grenadine
- 1.5 ounces vanilla-flavored vodka
- 8 ounces lemon-lime soda
- Maraschino cherries
- To make grenadine, bring pomegranate juice and sugar to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until thick and syrupy. Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Transfer to an airtight container. Makes 1 1/2 cup of grenadine. Store in the refrigerator and use within 3 weeks.
- To make the Love Potion Cocktail, add ice to a tall glass. Add 1 tablespoon grenadine and vodka to glass. Top with lemon lime soda. Garnish with cherries.