Macadamia Nut Brittle
- Lightly butter a 9 x 13-inch pan or set aside a silicone baking mat.
- If macadamia nuts are whole, chop coarsely and set aside.
- In a large saucepan stir together sugar, water, and corn syrup. Place a lid on the pan. Once mixture has boiled for 1-minute, remove lid and keep boiling without stirring the mixture. (Stirring will make mixture crystalize.)
- Cook until syrup is golden and a thermometer reads 300°F. Remove from heat.
- Add macadamia nuts, vanilla, butter, and baking soda. The mixture will rise in pan. Once safe to do so, stir together using a wooden or heat resistant spatula. Do not unnecessarily stir mixture as it increases the chances of crystalizing.
- Pour and scrape immediately into buttered pan.
- Using a spatula press and stretch brittle to size of pan.
- Once cooled break in pieces and store airtight.