Macadamia Nut Fudge Bars
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups roughly chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 6 oz roughly chopped baking chocolate (I prefer 70%)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper leaving about 1-inch of paper hanging on sides for easy removal.
- In a mixing bowl, add oats, flour, sugar, butter, and salt. With paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until mixture resembles pea-size crumbs.
- Turn off mixer and stir in macadamia nuts.
- Reserve 1 cup dough.
- Press remaining dough onto bottom of prepared baking pan. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add condensed milk, chocolate, and butter. Cook over medium-low heat stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour and spread chocolate mixture over crust.
- Crumble reserved dough over the chocolate layer.
- Bake bars in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until it starts to bubble around edges and center is set.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into bars.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Roxana Yawgel at a TrEATS Affair.