Mango Pecan Tart
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 mangoes, peeled and finely diced
- 1 lime, finely sliced, optional
- 2 tablespoons pecans, finely chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 tablespoons mango juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lime slices
- Diced mango
- Chopped pecans
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place pecans in a food processor and pulse until pecans are coarsely ground. Mix ground pecans, sugar, flour, and salt until combined. Stir in melted butter, mixing until combined.
- Press into an 8-inch tart pan. Bake for 8 minutes, remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, yogurt, lime zest, sugar, mango juice, and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly. Spoon mango filling over cooled tart crust. Chill for at least one hour before serving.
- When ready to serve place lime slices over filling in a circular pattern and top with mango and garnish with pecans.