Mango Sugar Cookies
- 1 package (2 oz) freeze-dried mango
- 1 package (6 oz) package dried mango (should be soft and juicy type)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using a rolling pin, crush freeze-dried mango into powder and set aside.
- Cut dried mango in small cubes (about size of 2 peas).
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar and set aside.
- Beat butter until very light and creamy. Add sugar and continue mixing until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and salt and beat until very well combined.
- Add mango powder and chopped mango pieces.
- Add flour mixture in one step and mix until dough forms, do not overmix.
- Drop dough into 2 tablespoon size mounds (for large cookies) on parchment or lightly buttered cookie sheets.
- Press dough mounds down a little to remove dome shape.
- Place in oven for approximately 9-11 minutes or until edges are very light golden.
- Cookies will deflate a little during cooling process.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments