Maple Bacon Pancakes
- 1 pound Maple Bacon, cooked until crisp
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk (2% or whole)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Butter to fry and serve
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Cook bacon and drain. Dice bacon and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup maple syrup, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and oil.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of diced bacon to garnish cooked pancakes, and stir remaining bacon into pancake batter.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter on a large skillet or griddle over low heat. Pour 1/4- cup portions of pancake batter onto skillet. Cook until bubbles that form begin to pop and pancake is set at edges (approximately 2-3 minutes), flip and continue cooking until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with butter, more maple syrup, and diced bacon.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.