Maple Glazed Doughnuts
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a doughnut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, a pinch of salt, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix melted butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs and vanilla and stir until completely combined. Pour in buttermilk and mix until smooth. Stir in flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into a zip top bag and cut off one corner. Pour batter into prepared pan about 3/4 to top of each well. Bake for 14-15 minutes or until tops are firm and spring back slightly when you touch them.
- When done, remove doughnuts from oven and let them cool in pan for 5 minutes. Then carefully remove and place on a wire rack to cool until they are warm to touch so you are able to handle them.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Once doughnuts are cool enough to be handled, dip tops and sides into cinnamon sugar mixture coating them lightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth. Dip tops of doughnuts into maple glaze and place on a wire rack for glaze to dry.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Kraft @SprinkleSomeSugar.