Maple Pecan Cinnamon Scones
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup + more for drizzling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, very cold
- 1 cup pecan halves or pieces
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl whisk egg, vanilla extract, dairy product and maple syrup. Set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Cut cold butter directly into the flour mixture using a box or multi grater. Use the largest grating surface.
- Pour egg mixture and pecans on top of flour mixture and mix lightly by hand. Do not over mix. Shreds of butter are desired in the mixture to create light and delicious scones.
- Press dough into a 10-inch diameter round. Cut in 10 equal pieces. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Place in oven until golden, about 15-20 minutes or until edges are browned.