Maple Pecan Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 3 whole large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Chopped pecans for topping
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease or line a 9x5-inch loaf pan or two 7 X 2.5-inch disposable loaf pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour and baking powder. Add cubed butter. Using a pastry cutter, a fork, or whisk attachment to a stand mixer; mix until incorporated and mixture has texture of breadcrumbs. Stir in sugar and pecans.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Stir in maple syrup and extract. Add to flour mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake for 50-60 minutes (30-40 for smaller pans) or until a tester comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare icing. Mix together all ingredients until well blended and spreadable. Adjust sugar and milk if necessary. Spread over cooled loaves.
- Top with chopped pecans.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.