Maple Praline Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- 2 large eggs
Maple Praline Frosting
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin tins with liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside. Add milk, sour cream, butter, maple extract, and eggs. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Let cool completely.
- Prepare frosting: Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in brown sugar and milk until boiling. Boil for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove from heat.
- Working quickly, add powdered sugar and extracts, beating with a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spoon frosting generously over cupcakes and top with chopped pecans.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed by Kristan Roland @bakescupcakes.