Melting Snowmen Cookie Balls
Snickerdoodle Cookie Balls
- 12 ounces white chocolate candy melts
- 12 mini peanut butter cups
- 12 mini fudge stripe cookies
- Orange sprinkles or orange candy-coated chocolate chips for nose
- Black sprinkles for eyes, mouth and buttons
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, shortening, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Mix together until combined.
- In another large bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir together and gradually add flour mixture to shortening mixture. Mix together slowly until combined
- Spoon dough out into one tablespoon of dough per cookie and roll into balls.
- Roll each cookie ball into cinnamon sugar.
- Place cookie dough onto cookie sheets about 2-inches apart
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool cookies completely on baking racks.
- Once cookies are cooled, crumble into a bowl. Mix cream cheese into cookie crumbs to create a dough. Roll one tablespoon of dough into a ball. Continue making cookie balls with the rest of the dough.
- Chill cookie balls for 15 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate candy melts according to package directions.
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper or foil.
- Spoon a little white chocolate onto the parchment paper in a small circle to create the melted base of a snowman.
- Dip cookie ball into melted white chocolate, and place on top of white chocolate circle.
- Use a little white chocolate to “glue” mini peanut butter cup to a mini fudge stripe cookie to create a hat.
- Stick hat onto snowman’s head.
- Add an orange sprinkle for a nose and black sprinkles for eyes, mouth, and buttons.
- Continue until all snowmen are complete.
- Place snowmen into the refrigerator to harden chocolate.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.