Mexican Chocolate Pots De Crème
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Set aside 5 - 6 ramekins in a roasting pan or large glass dish with tall sides.
- Make decorative chocolate curls first by using one of the chocolate bars. Place an unwrapped chocolate bar for 3 seconds in a microwave oven. Using a vegetable peeler shave curls from side of chocolate bar. If chocolate crumbles instead of making curls, place the bar just a few more seconds in a microwave oven. Make enough curls for 6 ramekins. Set aside.
- Chop remaining chocolate in small pieces and place in a bowl.
- Bring to a boil whipping cream, milk, cinnamon stick and chipotle (if using). Pour onto chopped chocolate and whisk smooth. Add vanilla extract and remove cinnamon stick.
- In a bowl whisk egg yolks, brown sugar and salt very quickly until very smooth and well combined. Pour in chocolate –cream mixture.
- Pour mixture evenly into ramekins. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Pour water into roasting pan until it reaches half way up the sides of ramekins.
- Bake until custards no longer tremble and are set, about one hour.
- Remove ramekins from water bath when cool enough to handle. Keep foil on ramekins and place in a refrigerator.
- Pots de crème can be topped with crème Chantilly after about 4 hours. Can easily be made a day ahead.