Meyer Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/3 cup milk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Meyer lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Meyer lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups dried blueberries
- Streusel Topping
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Heat oven to 350°F line a 12-cavity muffin tin with paper liners.
- Mix the flour, milk powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk sugar and egg. Add vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix until combined. Add melted butter and milk and stir well. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir just until combined - it will be thick, but don't over-mix. Add dried blueberries and stir to distribute.
- Divide batter evenly among the muffin liners. Mix streusel topping and sprinkle about 1 tablespoon on top of each muffin. Bake for 16-18 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Cassie Laemmli @Bake Your Day.