Milk Chocolate Irish Cream Pots de Creme
- Milk Chocolate Irish Cream
- 5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 6 egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Irish creme liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Irish Creme Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Irish creme liqueur, chilled
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Place the chocolate chips in a blender.
- Add egg yolks, sugar, milk, and cream to a medium saucepan. Whisk to combine. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture coats the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the hot milk mixture over the chips into the blender. Let stand for one minute. Add Irish creme and salt. Cover and hold the lid of the blender with a kitchen towel. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into ramekins or small cups. Cover and chill until set, at least 2 hours.
- Immediately before serving, prepare Irish Creme Whipped Cream. To prepare, add cream to the bowl of an electric mixer, whip on medium-high speed until thickened. Add Irish creme and powdered sugar. Continue to whip until soft peaks form.
- Top with a dollup of Irish Creme Whipped Cream and chocolate sprinkles if desired.