Mini Cheddar Bacon Corn Muffins
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup corn (canned or frozen)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and chopped
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare mini muffin pan with baking spray; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and onion powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, milk, melted butter, olive oil, and egg. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients. Stir in corn, bacon and cheese.
- Scoop batter evenly into muffin tin. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.