Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons full fat sour cream or yogurt, room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, divided
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a mini muffin tin with muffin wrappers or make sure to grease tins well if not using them.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter in 30 second intervals. Set aside and allow to cool for a few minutes. In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, and ground cinnamon. Whisk together until well combined. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add cooled melted butter, oil and sugar. Whisk together until well combined. Next, add egg and vanilla extract and continue to whisk together. Then, add sour cream and milk and continue whisking together.
- Next, pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Using a stiff spatula or wooden spoon to fold ingredients together. Careful not to over mix. Typically between 20-25 folds will be great. Fold in regular chocolate chips and 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Then, using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon fill mini muffin tins, careful not to overflow. Using reserved chocolate chips, sprinkle tops of each muffin with chips.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Use a toothpick and insert into center of a muffin to ensure it is fully baked. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.