Mini Mojito Cheesecakes
- Mint Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves, washed and thoroughly dried
- 24 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 cup mint sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime zest
- Optional: 1 ounce light rum
- Graham cracker crumbs, as needed
- Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons mint sugar
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime zest
- Optional: 1/2 ounce light rum
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- To prepare mint sugar: In a food processor, pulse granulated sugar and mint leaves until leaves have been ground down and combined with sugar.
- To prepare filling: Using a standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sour cream until it is light and fluffy. Gradually mix in mint sugar and cornstarch. Mix in eggs one at a time, scraping side of the bowl after each addition. Add lime juice, zest and rum and mix until well combined.
- Pour filling into silicone molds.
- Place pan on middle rack of oven with a pan half full of boiling water on bottom rack of oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until centers are set. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack. Allow cakes to cool for 1 hour minimum. Wrap well with plastic film and foil. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Carefully unmold cheesecakes.
- When ready to serve, prepare whipped cream. Using a standing mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whip chilled heavy cream on high until it just holds stiff peaks. Slowly sprinkle in mint sugar until you reach a thick consistency. Add in zest, rum (optional) and whip until combined.
- Coat each cheesecake in graham cracker crumbs and top with whipped cream and garnish with additional lime slices and mint leaves.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments