Mini Powdered Sugar Doughnuts
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- If using an electric doughnut maker, preheat according to manufacture’s instructions. If using mini doughnut pans, preheat oven to 350°F and grease pans.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg and sugar. Then add milk, oil and vanilla extract, mixing until thoroughly combined. Gently stir in the flour mixture, stirring until there are no lumps.
- Add powdered sugar to a brown paper bag or a plastic bag. Set aside.
- If using mini doughnut pans, carefully fill each indention 3/4 full. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a doughnut comes out clean.
- If using an electric mini-doughnut maker, carefully fill each indention 3/4 full. Bake according to manufacturer’s instructions or until a toothpick inserted into a doughnut comes out clean.
- Transfer donuts to bag with powdered sugar and shake to coat in powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately!
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.