Mini S'mores Brownie Bites
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder (will enhance the chocolate flavor)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs (4-5 full sheets, crushed)
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Place a rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease and flour a mini-muffin tin.
- Combine butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a heat-proof bowl, then set bowl over a pan of simmering water, ensuring that bottom of bowl and water do not touch. Heat until butter melts, stirring occasionally . Remove bowl from pan, then let batter cool until still warm, but not hot. Batter will be very gritty but will smooth out as you continue with recipe. (Alternatively, you can melt ingredients together in microwave, stopping periodically to stir ingredients as you go.)
- With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir in vanilla extract and espresso powder. Add eggs one at a time, stirring thoroughly after each, so that they are fully incorporated. Continue stirring until batter is thick and shiny. Sprinkle in flour and stir until it disappears into batter, then stir the batter for 40 additional strokes.
- With a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, spoon batter into mini muffin tins, filling each about 3/4 of way to top. Push 3 mini marshmallows into center of each (but not all the way to bottom), then sprinkle top of each brownie with 1 teaspoon graham cracker crumbs.
- Bake until marshmallows are puffed and light golden and brownies are just set, about 12 minutes. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then with a fork, carefully remove brownies and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Clarke @WellPlated.