Mint Lemonade Sorbet
- In medium sauce pan, combine water, sugar 1/4 cup fresh spearmint leaves, and zest from lemons. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and salt. Cover and refrigerate until very cold.
- Add diced mint to sorbet base and freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish or similar-sized container, cover it with plastic wrap and freeze for 1 hour. After 1 hour, use a fork to scrape mixture and break up any ice crystals. Repeat this step every 30 minutes for 2-3 hours or until sorbet is fully frozen. Mixture is stirred every 30 minutes to prevent large ice crystals from forming. This will help achieve a smooth and creamy sorbet texture.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a month.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.