Mint Mocha Crackle Cookies
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons of mint extract
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 12 ounces mint chocolate chips
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In stand mixer, combine white sugar and eggs.
- Add remaining wet ingredients and mix well. Add dry ingredients (except for powdered sugar) and mix until well combined.
- Dough will be wet and sticky. Chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Once chilled, use a spoon or a small scoop to make round dough balls. Roll the cookie dough balls in powdered sugar.
- Place dough onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or baking mats.
- Bake on parchment lined baking sheets for 8-12 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.