Mississippi Mud Pie
- 30 Oreo® cookies (or other chocolate sandwich cookies), crushed
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce
- 2 boxes (3.9 oz each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- Crème Chantilly
- Chocolate shavings
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a bowl combine crushed cookies and melted butter. Mix well until crumbs have consistency of wet sand.
- Press crumbs firmly into deep 9-inch pie dish or a springform pan. Make sure to press crumbs firmly on bottom of dish.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, combine diced butter, cocoa powder, and sugar.
- Stick bowl in microwave and heat for 30 seconds.
- Stir mixture and microwave for another 30 seconds
- Let chocolate mixture cool slightly.
- When chocolate mixture has cooled a bit, but is still warm, stir in vanilla and salt.
- Stir in 2 eggs.
- Mix flour into batter until completely incorporated.
- Stir for 1 minute, about 50-60 stirs.
- Add brownie batter to cookie crust and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cool, add an even layer of hot fudge sauce on top of brownie layer.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chocolate pudding mix with milk and mix. Whisk until thick.
- Spread pudding over hot fudge layer.
- Cover with plastic wrap, making sure to press down on pudding to prevent a skin from forming and place into fridge for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, top with Crème Chantilly and chocolate shavings.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.