Mixed Fruit Cobbler
Mixed Berry Cobbler
- 1 package (12 oz) mixed berry medley, thawed
- 1 can (14 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 4 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine thawed fruit, pineapple, sugar, cornstarch, baking soda, and water. Spoon into prepared dish. Dot with butter.
- In another bowl, combine flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk, oil, and vanilla. Mix until just moistened. Spread over fruit. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream or homemade vanilla ice cream.
This recipe comes from Sweetalk member Linda Durant who won Second Place in the Favorite Cobbler category at the 2019 Louisiana State Fair.