Mocha Coffee Butter Cream Frosting
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or milk
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon (1/3 cup) soft unsalted butter
- 3 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Bring heavy cream or milk to a boil. Remove from heat and add instant coffee. Mix well and set aside.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add one cup of powdered sugar and mix until light and creamy.
- Gradually add remaining powdered sugar alternating with coffee flavored cream. Scrape bowl well. Whip until very light and fluffy. Add vanilla and salt and combine well.