Molasses Apple Pie Parfaits
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Cinnamon-Spiced Crème Chantilly
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Prepare Caramelized Apples: In medium pan or medium heat, combine ingredients, stirring frequently, until apples are cooked and fork-tender, about 7-10 minutes. Set aside to cool until assembly. Can be made a day in advance.
- Prepare Cinnamon-Spiced Crème Chantilly: In a cold, bowl, whip together cream, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon until firm peaks. If using a stand mixer, make sure not to over-whip cream, as it will turn into butter. Reserve in refrigerator until assembly.
- Prepare Salted Caramel Sauce: In a medium pan, over medium-high heat, combine sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt. Stir until sugar dissolves and mixture is bubbling. STOP stirring and do not leave pan as caramel can burn very quickly.
- Cook until mixture turns into a caramel/amber color. Remove pan from heat when color is achieved and add butter. It will hiss and steam; stir quickly until butter is incorporated. Add cream and stir quickly until mixed thoroughly. Stir in vanilla. Set aside to cool slightly until assembly.
- Assembly: In half-pint mason jars, or similar glasses, break apart one cookie and place in bottom of jar. Place Creme Chantilly in piping or zip top bag and pipe into jar. Add 2-3 tablespoons of caramelized apples. Repeat layers. Top with Salted Caramel Sauce.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Terri Truscello Miller from @LoveandConfections.