- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, stir together granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, peanut butter, and butter. Mix until combined.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and baking powder until dough forms.
- Stir in chocolate chips and M&M candies.
- Shape dough into tablespoon-sized balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until edges are light brown.
- Remove cookies from oven and immediately slightly press cookies down a bit with hand or a spatula.
- Let cookies cool completely.
- If using candy eyes on cookies, press them into cookies as soon as they come out of the oven.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.