- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup coffee syrup
- 24 Ladyfingers
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 container (8 oz) mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark melting wafers
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 12 candy eyeballs
- Bring first listed water and first listed sugar to a full boil. Remove from heat, pour in a small bowl and place in freezer until cold. Once cold add coffee liquor and set aside.
- Arrange six serving glasses on a tray. Cut ladyfingers as needed and arrange into each glass bottom about 1 1/2 to 2 ladyfingers. Using a spoon pour a tablespoon of coffee syrup evenly onto ladyfingers. Set aside.
- In a cold bowl whisk heavy cream to soft and mousse-like consistency. It is very important not to whip until it forms a peak. Set aside in refrigerator.
- Select a saucepan and bowl which fit well together and where bowl does not hang over saucepan. Fill saucepan with one inch of water and bring to boil, turn to a low simmer. In a bowl whisk together egg yolks and measured water. Add sugar and whisk well. Place bowl over simmering water and whisk constantly until yolk mixture reaches 165°F. Remove from heat (at this temperature egg yolks are safe to eat).
- Add mascarpone cheese and vanilla extract and whisk smooth.
- Add soft whipped heavy cream and gently fold into above using a spatula. In each glass ladle enough cream to fill glass halfway.
- Arrange another layer of ladyfingers and moisten with remaining coffee syrup.
- To make monster hair, melt dark melting wafers according to manufacturer’s directions. Place a sheet of parchment paper on the counter. Dip back of a knife into melted chocolate mixture and press chocolate dipped side onto paper. Keep repeating until almost all is used. To make monster fangs, dip a toothpick in the remaining chocolate and drip small 1/2-inch lines onto parchment paper. Let harden.
- Place fangs on top of second layer of ladyfingers and cover with additional cream. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Just prior to serving, remove chocolate hair from paper and place onto top of tiramisu. Place candy eyeballs just in front of chocolate, sprinkle with a little cocoa powder and serve.