- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups self-rising flour*
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Marshmallow Filling
- 1 egg white, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Ganache
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
Graham Cracker Cookies
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add butter and sugar. With paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract, scraping sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Slowly fold in flour, graham crackers crumbs and cornstarch and mix until just combined.
- Remove cookie dough from mixing bowl and place it on a floured working area. With a floured rolling pin, roll out dough and with a cookie cutter, cut out cookies. (I used a 3” cookie cutter). Place cookies on the prepared cookie sheets. Re-roll any trimming and cut out more cookies.
- To make sure cookies keep their form during baking, refrigerate cut-out cookies for 10-20 minutes.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes or until edges just beginning to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely on baking sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl add egg white and cream of tartar. With wire whisk attachment on, whisk on medium speed until foamy.
- Slowly, without turning mixer off, pour in corn syrup. Once all syrup is added, increase mixer’s speed to high and continue to mix for an additional 5 minutes until mixture is thick and its volume has almost doubled.
- Reduce mixer’s speed to low, stir in vanilla extract followed by powdered sugar added in 3 batches.
- When all sugar is incorporated, increase mixer’s speed to medium-high and mix for 2 more minutes.
- With a spoon, drop a little marshmallow cream on half of cooled cookies.
- Use remaining cookies to sandwich moonpies.
- In a heatproof mixing bowl, heat chocolate chips, heavy cream and butter. Stir to combine until smooth and silky.
- Working fast, dip moonpies on one side in chocolate ganache, let excess chocolate drip back into bowl and place them on a cooling rack. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or until ganache is set.
- Once chocolate coating is set, reheat remaining ganache and dip cookies in it covering other side as well.
- Place cookies on the wire rack and refrigerate.
Keep cookies in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Roxana Yawgel at a TrEATS Affair.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments