Moscow Mule with Ginger Syrup
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh ginger
- 12 ounces vodka
- 8 ounces tonic water
- 4 ounces fresh lime juice
- 8 ounces ginger beer
- 4 ounces ginger syrup
- Peel and coarsely chop ginger. Set aside.
- Combine water, sugar, and chopped ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until sugar is dissolved, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cooled, strain ginger simply syrup to remove chopped ginger pieces. Set aside.
- When ready to serve, combine all ingredients in a pitcher and stir gently. Fill 4 copper mugs with ice and pour Moscow Mules evenly into mugs.
- Garnish with a fresh mint sprig and lime slices, if desired. Serve immediately.
Dixie Crystals Insight
For a stronger ginger flavor, replace tonic water with ginger beer.