Never Fail Christmas Cookies
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cut in shortening as you would for pastry.
- Add well beaten eggs and flavoring. Blend thoroughly.
- Chill dough for 20+ minutes.
- When chilled, roll thin onto a chilled and floured surface. Cut out cookies and place on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with red and green colored sugar or other holiday sprinkles.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges. Move to wire rack to cool.
- To make glaze, mix powdered sugar, milk and vanilla to desired consistency.
- Once cooled, drizzle with glaze and add extra sprinkles, if desired.