No Bake Cherry Cream Pie
- 1 (3 oz) package cherry gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup ice water
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 10 ounces Maraschino Cherries, drained and sliced in half
- 1 ready-to-use graham cracker pie crust
- In a large bowl, stir together gelatin and boiling water until gelatin is dissolved. Add cold water and stir until gelatin is thickened.
- Using a whisk or hand mixer, whip heavy cream, confectioners sugar, and almond extract until stiff peaks are formed.
- Gently fold whipped cream into strawberry gelatin, mixing well. Fold in halved maraschino cherries.
- Pour into pie crust. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Top chilled pie with extra whip cream and maraschino cherries on top for decoration, if desired, and serve.
Dixie Crystals Insight
NOTE: The 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract will help to boost maraschino flavor. If you want your pie to be a cherry and almond flavored pie, increase almond extract to 1 teaspoon.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.