No-Bake Red, White and Blue Icebox Cake
- 1 box graham crackers
- 1 1/2 pound strawberries
- 12 ounces blueberries
- 12 ounces cream cheese, very soft at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups + 1 cup (32 ounces) whipping cream
- Line a 9x13-inch deep baking pan with plastic food wrap.
- Wash and dry strawberries and blueberries. For decorative use return about a fourth of strawberries and blueberries to the refrigerator. Cut remaining amount of strawberries in 1/5-inch-thick slices. Keep blueberries whole.
- On bottom of pan, place 9 graham crackers tightly next to one another. Crackers will not cover entire bottom (there will be a void) and that is perfectly fine.
- Using a mixer, on low speed blend cream cheese with sugar until completely smooth.
- At this stage, only 2 1/2 cups total of whipping cream will be used. Add 1/2 cup cream and blend into cream cheese mixture. Add another 1/2 cup and mix smooth.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 cups of whipping cream and vanilla and whip to medium-almost firm peaks. Over mixing will make cream heavy.
- Spread one-fourth of cream onto graham crackers.
- Scatter one-third of sliced strawberries onto cream. Sprinkle with one-third of blueberries.
- Layer berries with another 9 graham crackers. Repeat with one-fourth of cream and follow with one-third of berries.
- Repeat with more graham crackers, followed with one-fourth cream and remaining berries. Cover with remaining crackers and remaining cream.
- Drape pan with plastic food film and place in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Remove plastic. Crosswise slice remaining strawberries and place in a scattered manner on surface of cake along with blueberries.
- Whip remaining cream with 2 tablespoons sugar to stiff peaks. Using a star pastry tip, pipe stars between berries. Keep cake refrigerated until ready to serve.