No Bake Salted Caramel Coconut Macaroons
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 teaspoons Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 11 ounce bag wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 5-6 cups sweetened shredded coconut (can also use unsweetened)
- 4 ounces chocolate almond bark
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- In a medium-sized heavy-bottomed saucepan melt butter, heavy cream, brown sugar, and caramels over medium heat. Keep stirring until smooth and sugar crystals are dissolved. (Can also use a double boiler to prevent scorching.)
- Remove pot from heat source and stir in coconut until fully combined with caramel. If mixture seems too wet, add a bit more coconut.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of coconut mixture onto parchment paper and allow to cool and set up completely.
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate bark. Dip bottoms of each macaroon and place on a sheet of wax paper or silicone baking mat. Drizzle remaining chocolate over tops of cookies. Sprinkle sea salt on top of cookies before chocolate dries.
- Allow to cool completely and for chocolate to fully harden.
- Store airtight at room temperature. Do not refrigerate.
Dixie Crystals Insight
- If using unsweetened coconut, up heavy cream to 4 tablespoons. Unsweetened coconut absorbs more moisture.
- Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals Sugar by Jessica Kraft @SprinkleSomeSugar.
I used unsweetened coconut as the caramels are already so sweet, and added the extra cream. They turned out great. Love that they are gluten-free.
This was a great addition to our Christmas tray this year. It was really easy to make and turned out exactly like the pictures. This will now be one of my husbands favorites. Definitely a recipe to make often. Thanks and Merry Christmas!