Norwegian Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, combine butter and 1 1/3 cups sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking powder and mix until combined, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions. On a lightly floured surface roll each portion into a 15- inch long strips. Place 2 dough strips onto prepared pan. Press strips to flatten until they are approximately 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Combine ground cinnamon and 3 tablespoons sugar and sprinkle this on top of strips.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden. Immediately cut each into cookie strips using a pizza cutter or sharp knife.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Can be stored airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.