Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, soft
- 4 pouches (1 cup) Redi-Measure Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups rolled oats (quick cooking or old fashioned)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- If desired, place raisins in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add both granulated and light brown sugars and mix further. Add egg and mix until mixture is light and fluffy. Then, add vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. On low speed, add dry ingredients in one-step and then immediately add oats. Mix until combined.
- Drain raisins and add to cookie batter. Scoop batter with a small ice cream scoop or big rounded tablespoons. Place on cookie sheets sprayed with baking spray or lightly buttered.
- Bake until light golden brown and center is still very soft, about 12-14 minutes. The oatmeal cookies will firm as they cool.