- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat in egg, then stir in vanilla extract and milk.
- Fold in oatmeal mixture until well combined. Stir in butterscotch chips.
- Using 1 heaping tablespoon of dough, roll dough into balls, and place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with the bottom of a glass (or your hand) into a disk.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Best served fresh, but will store in airtight container for up to three days.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.