Orange Blossom Meringues
- Preheat oven to 205°F. Set aside 2-3 cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Fit a pastry bag with a large French star tip such as Ateco 869 and set aside.
- Whip egg whites with first listed 1/2 cup sugar to medium peaks. Add salt and orange blossom water and whip to stiff peaks. Stop whipping.
- Gently fold remaining sugar into meringue, do not mix/fold unnecessary as this will make meringue runny.
- Pipe “kisses” close together as meringue does not expand much in oven.
- Place in oven and bake for about 90-120 minutes. Before removing all meringue from oven, remove a less than satisfactory piped meringue and break in half. Wait 2 minutes. If meringue is dry and crisp in center, it is safe to remove all meringue from oven.
- Once cooled, meringue should be stored in airtight containers/plastic food bags.
- If using, melt candy melts according to manufacturers directions.
- Dip either top or bottom and transfer to a plastic food film lined surface. Store airtight.