Orange Broccoli Chicken
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, about 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound broccoli florets
- Cashews or sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- In a saucepan, combine orange juice, 1/2 cup chicken broth, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger; stir. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low. In a bowl, whisk together cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth. While whisking, slowly pour cornstarch mixture into saucepan. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until thickened. Once sauce has thickened, reduce heat to low.
- With a knife slice chicken into 2-inch cubes. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Place chicken in sauté pan and cook for 5 minutes, flipping to ensure even cooking. Add broccoli and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Pour sauce over chicken and broccoli and toss to coat. Serve over rice and garnish with cashew or sesame seeds, if desired.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Meredith Steele @InSockMonkeySlippers.