Orange Crinkle Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract (optional)
- 1 drop of orange food coloring (optional)
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment mix butter and granulated sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes until combined.
- Add in vanilla, egg, zest, orange juice, baking soda, and salt mixing for 1 minute until incorporated, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until just combined.
- Place powdered sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Using a small (1 tablespoon) cookie scoop, scoop out cookie dough. Roll each portion into a ball and then place ball into bowl of powdered sugar, turning to coat generously. Place coated dough ball onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, placing balls 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until tops of cookies are set and powdered sugar is crackly.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
If you would like to amp up the orange flavor and/or color add orange extract and orange food coloring in step #3.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.