- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 2 1/2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice (about 7 juicy oranges)
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 2 juicy lemons)
- 5 cups sparkling OR still water
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar and water over medium heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved and add in vanilla and salt.
- In a large pitcher squeeze in the juice from oranges and lemons. Use a strainer if you wish to avoid pulp in juice mixture. Add in sugar mixture and stir.
- If serving immediately add in sparkling water and ice.
- If making ahead, add in still water, stir and refrigerate.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Ashley Schoenith @heirloomedblog.